First off, let me warn you all. There are only 44 sewing days left until Christmas. And that's not counting shipping days! Eek!
So, today's the first day of Lee's new Work in Progress Wednesday linky. I'm so glad she's starting this, it gives me an excuse to make another list every week!
Back in my professional days, I was known to have lots of different projects going at once. Now, as a quilter, I'm no different. Especially with the holidays rapidly approaching, I've got a ton of projects all going at once. Let's see, there's...
1. Christmas Whirlygiggles quilt - Hot off my machine, just finished quilting this bad boy last night. I've put off quilting this one for a while, but now that I did it, I'm relieved for it to be almost finished. I've got to it ship off to Connecticut when it's all done, so I'll be super happy to check this one off my list. I waffled on how to quilt this one, but I'm glad I wound up stippling this one, it really lets the whirlygiggles stand out.
2. Grandmother-in-law quilt - I started this quilt last week, on a whim, trying to come up with what-on-Earth to get my 90-something grandmother-in-law for Christmas. She is quite possibly the hardest person on my list to shop for from year to year. She has macular degeneration and loves to listen to audiobooks, so I thought a nice quilt to curl up under might be a really awesome gift for her. The quilt top is fully done, though I haven't made the back just yet.
3. Poppy Pleated Tote - There's only one picture in existence of my maternal grandmother, whom I met only once when I was very young. It's black and white and she's standing in a poppy field. When I saw Laura Gunn's Poppy collection, I just knew that I needed to make something for my mother with those gorgeous prints. Enter Artsy Crafty Babe's Pleated Tote pattern. Yay! This one is almost done! Just need to slipstitch the inside lining, then all done.
4. Clermont Farms Table Runner - Started to cut some fabrics for this one, though that's about as far as I've gotten! I'm using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial, called City Windows, and it looks like it will come together super easy.
5. That Girl...That Quilt Along - I'm behind :( I've managed to sew on the white border, but not my aqua border just yet. My blocks are sitting on my ironing board, waiting to be pressed, and I'm hoping I'll get caught up today.
6. Scrappy Mug Rug Swap - Just need to bind this little bad boy, then it's done!
7. Pillow Talk Swap - Got my partner, and I feel super inspired after stalking her on Flickr a bit. I am sketching away and starting to look at fabrics.
8. Ho Ho Holiday Swap - I've been doing a bit of sketching, but I haven't gotten further than that just yet!
Got some works in progress to share? Make sure to visit Lee's new linky over at Freshly Pieced!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010