And now, another list for the girl who loves lists.
Have I ever told you about how my father-in-law actually mentioned my love for lists and Excel in his wedding toast? I've always enjoyed making lists, and I find it hysterical that my munchkin is already showing his affinity for lists too. He loves to say "check" in the grocery store when we're shopping our way through our list, and has once or twice picked up one of his handy dandy notebooks and pretended to make a list of his own. Super cute.
Anyway, I was thinking that 2010 is quickly evaporating. Where did the year go? We've got a little over a week left, and for me, that's the time when I usually start coming up with grand plans for the next year. Have you noticed that the New Year will begin on 1-1-11? Pretty cool, if you ask me.
So what do I have planned for 2011? Definitely more quilting. I did a lot of quilting this year, and I've discovered that quilting is something I really love. It's kind of funny to think that I didn't find a hobby that I was super passionate about until just last year, but that's the case. Quilting and sewing makes me a more sane, more happy person. So, definitely more of that. Time for a list and naturally some inspirational mosaics...
1. Bee quilts - three of them! I'm the mama for one, and a participant in two more, so I'm looking forward to lots of bee fun this year.
1. Red & Blue Cross Pillow – Pillow Talk Swap 4, 2. 3x6 bee mosaic, 3. Fussy Fairytales quilt top, 4. do. Good Stitches, 5. Pillowtalk 3 Received from Quilting Barbie Front, 6. November block for Bee Scrappy
2. Matching twin baby quilts for my brand new niece and nephew
3. A Single Girl queen size quilt for my bed (I'm thinking red and aqua here, how awesome would that be???)
1. mail day!!! XXXOOO NOVA!!!, 2. King-Size Single Girl, 3. DQS8 Modified Single Girl using Deer Valley Fabrics, 4. olives quilt, 5. DSCN1097, 6. single girl quilt
4. Oh Fransson's Kitchen Window quilt from her new book
5. Spiderweb quilt, possibly using scraps and/or selvages from this last year of quilting
1. Spiderweb Mini Quilt, 2. spiderweb!, 3. Spiderweb block, 4. Scrap Spider Web, 5. Holly block 1, 6. Spiderweb trial block 1 for my month of Spiderweb Bee
6. Cathedral Window pillow for my living room
7. A zig zag quilt
1. blue bunny quilt., 2. Zigzag Baby Quilt Detail III, 3. WIP Zig Zag Quilt, 4. Zig Zag Quilt, 5. PTS4, 6. finished!
8. Postage stamp quilt
9. Yellow Dresden plate or wonky star pillow for my mother's birthday
1. Wonky Baby Stars - the Grey & Yellow version, 2. yellow coin quilt, 3. Untitled, 4. Yellow Brick Road Quilt, 5. Yellow Squares Quilt Block 7, 6. Untitled
10. Margaret's Hope Chest charity quilt - I'm making a pink quilt and I'm thinking one of three concepts - colorbrick, crosses, or square in square.
I decided to stop at 10 projects, at least for now, otherwise I'd wind up with a ridiculous list of 50 things and expectations that I'd never be able to meet. I think I'm most excited about either my MHC quilt and working in the bees.
And now, it's linky time! What have you got planned for next year? A new quilt (or 18 of them)? Finishing off a quilt top? Organizing your sewing room? I want to hear all about it! :)