After some serious Craig's List stalking over the last few months, I finally stumbled on an inexpensive sewing cabinet for my sewing machine this weekend. I've always kept my sewing machine on top of the desk I inherited from my dad, which has great drawer space, but isn't a great space for sewing.
My husband helped me pick it up before he headed out of town. He moved it into the room where I do my sewing, which he likes to call our sitting room (it's really like a den), but I like to call it my sewing room because that's the main activity that happens there. The cabinet has created a serious domino effect in terms of organization and space, so I've spent the last several days trying to adjust and rework things to my liking. I still seriously need to work on organization, but I'm finally pleased with the furniture layout.
Basically, I made a a mini sewing cubicle. I was able to get some serious work done after I did this layout. I still need to figure out a few things, like how to organize my growing collection of quilting rulers, but I really need to get back to work on all of my WiPs at the moment. So here's hoping that I will find time for some spring cleaning and organization next month!
Don't forget to check back here tomorrow for the cutting instructions for the Sliced Coins Quilt Along! :)