Seven things you may not know about me:
1. Before I became obsessed with quilting, I attempted knitting while pregnant with my munchkin. I made a really hideous knitted coaster, and promptly gave up trying to learn. My husband strongly suspected sewing and quilting was going to be like when I tried to take up knitting, but here I am a year later, still doing it and loving it more than ever.
2. I used to be a serious workaholic. The kind of person who's the first in the office in the morning and the last one to leave at night. I traveled a lot for work and sometimes I miss that part of my old job, but that's about it.
3. My sister tried to nickname me Beth as a baby. My mother didn't like it and came up with Betsy instead. Why they couldn't just use my given name is beyond me (and the reason that I created a spreadsheet when considering baby names, listing all possibly nicknames for the names I liked).
4. I made my stage debut at age 5 in a local theater production of "Fiddler on the Roof." My mother worked at a theater for most of my childhood, so you could say I grew up there. I still love going to live theater and thoroughly enjoy musicals.
5. I am a complete music-phile. If I could, I would have a soundtrack for every moment of my day. I love music, all different kinds of music. When I work on a quilt, I not only sketch it, but I also make a playlist that puts me in the right mindset for the quilt. I know, I'm a geek.
6. I love to read. These days, I spend more time sewing and quilting than reading, but I used to go through about a book a week. Now, I'm lucky if I can read a handful of pages before bed every night, but reading is still something I enjoy thoroughly.
7. I am seriously scatterbrained sometimes. I'll go into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee and wind up getting distracted and clean the stove, only to wonder twenty minutes later why I didn't make a pot of coffee.
And as for a some good reads, here's a few that are new(ish) to me...
There's a heck of lot going on this week, including a bit of some reorganization thanks to a great find on Craig's List and a travelling husband. Only a few finished WiPs since last week, but there's been a darn good bit of progress, I swear!
Soft Book Tutorial
Patchwork Penny doll and quilt
String Me Along block for Linda
Still very much in progress:
Polka Dot quilt for the munchkin's 3rd birthday - I think I have finally decided on a layout for this one, so I'm hoping to start cutting this week.
Robot coin twin quilts - I made some progress here over the weekend. I managed to finish the coin stacks for both of these and hope to finish the tops this week. In the meantime, my design wall is looking an awful lot like a landing strip for my WiPs...
Sliced Coin quilt along twin quilts - One quilt top down, and I'll be starting the second one this week with all of my quilt along friends on Friday!
3x6 Bee blocks - Made my first protoype this week. I'm still tweaking it, but I like how it's coming together so far. I'm thinking about entering this in the upcoming Quilt Story Block Party in February...
Single Girl quilt - waiting on that extra 25th hour of the day I asked for at Christmas to show up...
Sew Fresh bee - waiting on fabric
Sewing ninja - I completely forgot about this project this week. Maybe I'll try to finish it up when I catch up on The Fashion Show tonight...
Spicing Up the Kitchen swap - I got my partner over the weekend, and I'm super excited. I know exactly what I'm going to make, but it's a secret swap, so I'm going to keep the details vague for now. I may share a sneak peek every now and again, though!
Make Mine Modern swap - I just found out my partner yesterday, and I'm super excited. It's another secret partner swap, so I'm going to keep what I share to a minimum, but there will definitely be sneak peeks! I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm going to make, and I'm really looking forward to getting started soon.
Urban Home Goods swap - I'm waiting to find out who my partner is on this one, but I'm hoping to find out this week so I can get to sketching and planning.
WiP #10 Recap
Last week's total projects: 10
This week's total projects: 10
Maybe 10 is the magic number for me? I seem to keep winding up with ten WiPs every week. Hmm...
Don't forget to go visit the official WiP Wednesday linky at Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to this week. Happy WiP'ing to you!