|the year in quilts|
There were so many things that happened this year in my sewing life, but here's a few that I will never forget:
* Going to the Sewing Summit and meeting so many new friends
* Being published in two print magazines
International Quilt Festival: Quilt Scene 2011
Quiltmaker Jan/Feb 2012 issue
* Participating in fantastic quilt bees and swaps, too numerous to name
* Co-hosting a fabulous swap with Megan, For the Love of Solids
Round 2 sign-ups start January 1st!
* Hosting two fun quilt-alongs
Sliced Coins quilt-along
* Sharing my first Moda Bake Shop quilt recipe - and finishing a second that will be up on January 1st
Bella Crossing quilt recipe
* Opening my pattern shop and releasing my first patterns
My pattern shop
Fabricland quilt pattern
Xs and Os quilt pattern
|the year in other sewing projects|
I made a lot of lofty goals last year, most of which I met, and some of which I changed my mind about as my tastes changed. This year, I'm aiming to make fewer, more simplified goals, with room to adapt my goals as my taste and my schedule.
1. Say no thank you more often! I participated in countless swaps this year, coupled with guest posts, bees and other side projects that often left me feeling stressed me out and rushed. This year, I'm vowing to be a bit more selective with what I say yes to and to plan my time accordingly. Thanks, Lee, for reminding me about this one!
2. Write more patterns! I've got boatloads of sketches and plans in the works for 2012 and I'm really excited to get started.
3. Try more new things! I've tried hard to branch out from basic stippling in my quilting, and I've really enjoyed the results so far, so I want to stretch myself more often.
4. Finish my outstanding projects! I feel like I started a lot of things that I didn't follow through on and finish. I haven't finished my Single Girl quilt, Birdie Stitches quilt, and probably a few other projects that I've forgotten about, but I'm aiming to finish them off and be done with them this year.
5. Host a Christmas in July blog party! Back in June, I came up with an idea to host a Christmas blog party for July, to encourage all of us to get our Christmas sewing early in an attempt to ward off the holiday crazies that come with homemade gifts and decorations, but I didn't get around to it in time. This year, I totally want to put it together in time, because I don't have a single sewn Christmas decoration at my house, and this is going to be the year that changes!
|the year in bee blocks|
I first read this T.S. Eliot quote about the new year back in college, but it's a memorable one and I've always loved the sentiment...
For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.
So, here's to new beginnings in 2012! Thank you all so much for your comments and support over this last year, I appreciate every single one of them. Happy New Year to you and your families!