I'm a big music nerd. Always have been. I grew up in a dinner theater, thanks to my mother who ran the box office, and was exposed to lots of different music pretty early on. I also played the clarinet for many years, and seriously considered a career in music for a while. Instead, I've become a quilter who is seriously dependent on music. I make playlists for free-motion quilting, playlists for pressing, playlists for piecing, playlists for hand binding, playlists for machine binding...I think you get the drift. My iPod is filled to the brim these days!
For me, music is the key to smooth FMQ. It not only helps me focus, but it helps me keep my stitches even. I've spent the last couple of days FMQ'ing and hand binding two quilts, and made a new playlist I thought I'd share with you all, after Colleen asked what was on my playlist.
1. Eric Hutchinson "Watching You Watch Him"
2. Needtobreathe "The Outsiders"
3. 2 Cellos "Viva La Vida"
4. Walk Off the Earth "Somebody That I Used To Know"
5. Gavin DeGraw "Radiation"
6. Florence + the Machine "Shake It Off"
7. 30 Seconds to Mars "Hurricane (unplugged)"
8. The Black Keys "Tighten Up"
9. Young the Giant "Cough Syrup"
10. Kassidy "Waking Up Sideways"
11. The Daylights "I Hope This Gets To You"
12. TFDI "Pretty Things"
13. Gavin DeGraw "Not Over You"
14. Matt Nathanson "Run"
15. Kassidy "Oh My God"
Do you listen to music when you sew/quilt? I'd love to hear what your favorite tune is these days, I always love finding new music. Hope you're having a great weekend!
Sunday, March 11, 2012